Thursday, February 10, 2011

Renaming

Hunka-Hunka has been back for almost a week and yet this blog is still neglected. I guess I have just run out of funny for now .

I was going to say that I have been busy blowing up balloons for the kids and, therefore, have run out of hot air. But that excuse ain't going to fly. Get it. Hot air. Fly. Never mind.

Maybe I have just been using other things to avoid blogging. I call it renaming, and it's not just for the new math any more. I am very good at renaming things (a.k.a. excuses) to get away from the cold hard truth. It's not being behind on the laundry, the laundry is couch insulation. It's not being behind on cleaning the bathroom, it's a home school science project. It's not lack of meal planning, it's teaching survival techniques or the poor man's Chopped. Open the fridge. You have 20 minutes to fix a meal from...1) moldy cheese, 2) limp lettuce, 3) unidentifiable meat, 4) hoisen sauce. Go! (Oh, I love me some Chopped. Just don't ask me to eat anything that they fix. Throwdown with Bobby Flay on the other hand? Bring it on!)


Notice that I have excellent couch insulation.



I also use this technique to console myself on food that gets push to the back of the fridge (The Island of Misfit Food) and forgotten about. When I find said food I think to myself, "It's not meat or milk that I don't know if it is safe to eat, it's cat food." Or, "It's not vegetables that are wilted and moldy, it's compost." See, now it isn't food and money that has been wasted, it's premium cat food and green living that have been found.

So, I have been too busy with other things to write on my blog. I hope to get some stuff written soon or show some of the projects I am working on (more avoidance techniques). But I want to assure you that right now, at this very moment, I am not avoiding the bathrooms, the laundry, the meals or the dust, I am blogging.

2 comments:

  1. How could you blog without me?

    Love to you, Leigh Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you are. Glad you found me. Love back to you.

    ReplyDelete