Saturday, January 15, 2011

What's In a Name

Perhaps I should say a word or two about the name of my blog. You might be thinking "Babe? Arrogant, no?" Believe me, I have no delusions of grandeur that way, though I will appreciate all comments to the contrary. Not that I don't clean up okay or have some symmetry of face, but I am using "babe" in the broad sense of the word -as in "not male". I was called "Hot Stuff" by my OB one week before I had my third child. Though I assure you I neither looked or felt like "Hot Stuff". Methinks the term he was searching for was "Hot Mess".

As a mother, I read many a children's book. Some of our favorites are the "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie". The kids and I were coming up with more titles for the series, and the phrase popped into my head. So thus this masterpiece was born.

I would like to become more of a "babe" (as in "getting in shape" not "becoming more female"). Now, there are some that would believe that with this statement I just set all of feminism back a few decades. To which I say "poo-poo". I could say that I just want to be healthy, but I cannot tell a lie. I want to look nice for the appropriate male. But health is a factor as well. We often say as parents of an autistic child, "we can never die". I know that day will come, but I would like to do my part to put it off a bit.

But becoming more of a babe is hard work. I will have to write a bit about that, including my besetting diet sin.

For now I hope you enjoy this blog. I will try to be faithful and keep up the funny, but I make no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment